Lake Manyara National Park: Nestling at the base of the Great Rift Valley escarpment, less than 130 kilometres from Arushatown, is Lake Manyara National Park, one of the oldest and most popular sanctuaries in East Africa. It is home to a myriad of bird life and the famous tree-climbing lions. The park offers an impressive diversity of habitats for animals and birds: from the slopes of the rift escarpment and ground water forest to the acacia woodlands, open grassland, and the soda lake itself which occupies 77% of the National Park total area of 330 sq m. Common animals include baboons, giraffe, impala, wildebeest, buffalo, zebra, elephant, hippos, with over 400 species of birds including water birds and the colourful migratory flamingoes.
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area: A UNESCO protected World Heritage Site and an International Biosphere Reserve, theNgorongoro Conservation Area covering an area of 8292 sq km consists of the Ngorongoro Crater itself, Empakai Crater, Oldupai Gorge, and Ndutu including the short grass plains of the south eastern Serengeti ecosystem. The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a pioneering experiment where people (the Maasai), their livestock and wildlife co-exist and share the same protected habitat.
|Price per person in US$ – LTC 3||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||SRS|
|Validity: 01Jan – 31st Dec 2023||1186||945||824||751||703||120|
MOBILE CAMPING: The concept of mobile camping is very attractive to the adventurer as it reminds one of the early explorers and hunters in the “Dark Continent” – Africa. The guest is presented with a product that is much closer to nature and therefore more thrilling.
Budget Mobile Camping: Budget camping is the ideal way for those who like to “rough it” as we provide a two-man tent for accommodation whereby mattresses are laid on the sewn-in ground sheet. Blankets, bed sheets and pillows are provided. Sleeping bags are available for hire although most guests prefer bringing their own. The tents are spacious enough for two people and have a mesh on each window to keep off insects.
The guests’ safari vehicle, a 4-wheel drive (4×4), manned by a driver-guide experienced in camping and accompanied by your cook, tows a custom-built trailer carrying camping equipment and provisions. All preparations for setting up the camp are made on arrival at the campsite. Guests may help pitch the tents as part of the adventure experience, but the cooking and cleaning is all left to the crew – cook and driver-guide. The cook prepares three meals a day – breakfast, lunch and dinner served on a foldable dining table with chairs. The public campsites provide basic washroom facilities of reasonable hygienic standard for the guests.
Standard Mobile Camping: One of the most important features of our Standard Camping product is staying in a private and exclusive campsite. The camping crew, together with equipment and provisions, travels separately in a support vehicle ahead of the guests, so that when you arrive at the campsite everything is prepared and waiting – tents up, meals cooking, and hot water ready for a shower.
Accommodation is provided in spacious walk-in tents with twin beds made of fine tropical wood, mattresses, blankets, bed sheets
- pillows, and two foldable bedside tables. Wash room facilities are set on the far end, inside the guest tent, and include a hot-water-bucket shower and a chemical toilet. Each accommodation tent has a hand washbasin, and a verandah with two safari chairs and a safari table.
The mess tent is spacious and well ventilated, with dining tables and chairs, cutlery, crockery and table cloth. The camp serves three freshly cooked meals a day – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
BALLOON SAFARIS: A popular addition to your stay in the Serengeti or Tarangire National Parks is a balloon safari. Launching at dawn, your balloon rises as the sun rises, floating gently over the savannah and wildlife. The flight takes about an hour, and on landing you will be met with a traditional champagne celebration and served an Out of Africa bush breakfast prepared at the site. Thereafter continue with game drives and day’s planned activities.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- All rates are per person sharing a double/twin room. Single room Supplement (SRS) has been shown separately.
- Before selling/booking any tour from this manual, please read carefully all the details i.e. inclusions, exclusions, Holiday surcharges, closure dates, validity, booking terms & conditions etc. shown in this manual.
- Some bookings might straddle between two seasons making the following seasonal quotations on accommodation NOT APPLICABLE. In such cases, please contact us for TAILOR-MADE QUOTATIONS cutting across seasons.
- These rates include the tourism development levy of 1% of room rate per day/night as well as TANAPA & NCAA flat rate Concession fees.
- Rates include VAT on Ground Transport, Park Entry/Camping Fees/Concession & Crater Services Fees only.